Below are some key partnerships that were the foundation for successful regional collaboration from 2004 through 2014:
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab – provides coordination of GOMA’s Education and Engagement Team as well as a part-time Communications Coordinator for GOMA.
- Gulf Coastal Ocean Observing System (GCOOS) – ensures academic expertise and input on all six Priority Issue Teams; strong partner on Data & Monitoring and Water Resources Teams in particular.
- Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant Programs – co-funds a part-time Regional Program Manager through the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, provides a coordinator for GOMA’s Data and Monitoring Team through the Florida Sea Grant, and provides support for GoMRI oil spill outreach.
- Gulf of Mexico Foundation – provides coordination and project implementation for GOMA’s Habitat Resources Team.
- Harte Research Institute – provides coordination for GOMA’s Wildlife and Fisheries Team and database management for the GoMRI Gulf Research Initiative Information Data Center (GRIIDC).
- Northern Gulf Institute – provides website and communications support for the GoMRI program.
- The Nature Conservancy – ensures non-governmental expertise and input on all six Priority Issue Teams; strong partner on Habitat and Resilience Teams in particular.
For more detailed information about key partnerships, please download the full report here.