The Alabama Coastal Foundation (ACF) recently developed a useful guide as a part of an Environmental Protection Agency grant. The Citizen’s Guide to the Oil Spill is an educational tool to help people understand the complicated and diffuse scientific information about dispersant and crude oil chemicals related to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill.
Specifically, the Citizen’s Guide to the Oil Spill provides:
- An overview of sampling and monitoring that was conducted;
- Introductions of common terms and definitions;
- Levels of Concern for chemicals that were monitored; and,
- Links to help obtain monitoring data online.
- The presentation file, full document, and booklet are available on through the following web page http://joinACF.org/resources/the-citizens-guide-to-the-oil-spill.
ACF is a non-partisan non-profit which has the mission to improve Alabama’s coastal environment through cooperation, education and participation.