The Gulf of Mexico Alliance’s success if built on the many regional partnerships it has established over the last ten years. In June 2014, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed with the Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System Regional Association (GCOOS). This long standing partnership confirmed the commitment to collaborate on issues of critical importance.
Needs identified were:
• Develop and support Gulf of Mexico regional initiatives;
• Facilitate educational opportunities that mutually benefit GOMA partners and GCOOS stakeholders;
• Identify observations and data products from the U.S. coastal estuaries, rivers, and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) needed by stakeholders in the region;
• Collaborate on efforts required for observing systems in the Gulf of Mexico; and
• Promote Gulf-wide information integration and sharing of data and products.