The Gulf of Mexico Conference (GoMCon) virtual preview will be on April 14, 2021, from 10 am-1 pm CT. To register, click here. Dr. Jack E. Davis will give a keynote address. Dr. Davis is the Pulitzer-prize winning author of “The Gulf: The Making of an American Sea” (2017). Following the keynote address, we will present three panel sessions with a broad array of experts who will address key restoration and research efforts current to the Gulf of Mexico with an opportunity for Q&A at the end.
Panel 1- “Restoration and Resilience in the Gulf”:
· Buck Sutter (RESTORE Council)
· Greg Grandy (Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority)
· Tanner Johnson (National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s Gulf Environmental Benefit Fund)
Panel 2- “Gulf Restoration Science”:
· Dr. David Yoskowitz (Harte Research Institute)
· Dr. Megan La Peyre (U.S. Geological Survey)
· Dr. Monty Graham (Florida Institute of Oceanography)
· Renee Collini (Mississippi State University/Mississippi-Alabama, Florida Sea Grant Consortium)
Panel 3- “Gulf Science and Research”:
· Dr. Brian Dzwonkowski (Dauphin Island Sea Lab)
· Dr. Scott Hagen (Louisiana State University)
· Dr. Steve Murawski (University of South Florida)
To learn more about our panelists and register to attend, please click here.