Leadership from the five Gulf States forms the foundation of the Alliance and each of the Gulf States has committed time and resources to its successful implementation. Through a collaborative approach, the priority issues of the Gulf are being addressed with scientific and technical experts and resource managers who have the knowledge base and experience.
Each Gulf of Mexico Alliance Priority Issue Team is coordinated by a sponsoring organization, providing funding assistance to further the goals and objectives of that priority. The organizations that provide Priority Issue Team Coordination include:
- Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection | Data & Monitoring Team
- State of Louisiana, Coastal Protection & Restoration Authority | Habitat Resources Team
- Harte Research Institute | Wildlife & Fisheries Team
- Mississippi Dept. of Environmental Quality | Water Resources Team
- Mississippi Dept. of Marine Resources | Coastal Resilience Team
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab | Education & Engagement Team