Nearly 250 stakeholders from across the Gulf participated in our six virtual Team Meetings September 21-23, 2021. Highlights included:
- a demo of the new Gulf of Mexico Open Data Platform;
- facilitated discussion of ways to reduce Gulf Coast flood risk;
- regional sediment management and living shoreline working sessions;
- a kick-off of the Oyster Management Community of Practice;
- information on upcoming diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
- Gulf Star project updates on harmful algal blooms, terrapin conservation, and more!
A huge thanks to everyone who made this event happen: our Team Chairs and Coordinators, Team Steering Committees, tech moderators, facilitators, and participants! Together, we are improving the health and resilience of the Gulf of Mexico region through increased collaboration.